- Shimpling Parish Council operates in accordance with the following policies, procedures and constitutional documents
- All documents and links open as pdf in a new window
- Please contact the Clerk if you have any enquiries
Governance of Shimpling Parish Council:
Standing Orders - these are the procedural rules by which all Council business must be conducted. Updated May 2019
Financial Regulations - these are the rules pertaining to financial operations and transparency of the Council's use of public funds.Updated Nov2019
For copies of current and archive financial records, please see the Financial Records page on this website.
Code of Conduct - this is the Code by which all Councillors are expected to behave and conduct Council business.
Please also see the individual Councillors' Register of Members' Interests. and the document 'Openness and Transparency on Personal Interests'
Complaints Procedure - this document shows how a complaint against the Council as a whole or individual Councillors will be handled.
The administration of complaints is overseen by the Monitoring Officers at Babergh District Council
Delegation Policy - this shows which powers the Council has delegated to e.g. the Clerk to ensure effective functioning of its public duties
Public Participation at Parish Council Meetings - information on how to raise queries or issues of concern at public meetings of the Council.
- Please note that by law, it is not possible for the Council to make a decision on a matter that is not included on the agenda of that meeting.
- Should you wish to raise an issue for full consideration by the Council, you are asked to contact the Clerk well in advance of the next scheduled meeting and provide as much information as possible about the issue or query at hand so that - where appropriate - it could be considered for inclusion on the agenda for the next meeting.
- Please also note that the agenda is drawn up by the Clerk and Chair and that it is the Clerk who has the final decision and authority over which matters are on the agenda.